Thursday, July 16, 2009

2 Corinthians 8 -- Finishing

In my life I tend to be a good initiator. God has given me the ability to look at a situation, see what needs to change and begin the change. Where I tend to fall short is in the area of finishing. When it comes down to the details to bring something to a close, or just seeing something all the way through, I can get disinterested and begin looking for the next. In 2 Corinthians 8 Paul is addressing the church who was the first to give an offering for the church in Jerusalem. He is not encouraging them to finish what they started.

Really what we are talking about is follow through. I like the way Paul states it to the church. "Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means." Matching willingness with completion, sounds simple yet can be so very difficult. For some the struggle is willingness, for others it is completion. I say lets get together. Remember this journey is not individuals it is about community. In community we work together to do the work of God. I tend to be strong on the willingness to start something. Another person may be good at finishing something already started. We need to get together and have a complete project.

It makes me wonder what things are not matching my willingness. For some it might be what things are not matching your completion. Is there matching in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment