Sunday, December 20, 2009

Revelation 15 -- The End is Near

In this brief chapter we find the final judgment of God in the preparation phase. seven angels with seven plagues, with seven bowls of God's wrath. Once all the wrath and destruction is handed out, the doors of the Tabernacle are flung open and the angels proceed with their work. I love the note that the temple, tabernacle, is filled with smoke from the glory of God and from his power. The Old Testament prophets talk about such things happening.

As we are getting ready for Christmas I wonder if we are expecting to see the temple filled with the glory of God. Sure many will go to church, and some will even go there seeking God. How many though, are going with not the hope, not the dream, but the expectation of God's glory filling the church? When we read passages such as Revelation 15 we might think those things only happen in heaven or during the end times. This means we do not expect it to happen now.

AS you might guess I think the filling of the temple is not something reserved for the end times, or the the Old Testament prophets. It can happen today! I do not mean in our time I mean today, this very day we have been given. I will be the first to claim my doubts in this subject. Also, I will be the first to tell you that not all doubting is sin. In this case my doubt does lead to sin because I doubt whether it is possible for the glory of the Lord to fill the church.

Today I lay this down at the cross. In a few short moments worship will begin for us. I will enter worship with expectation and anticipation of what the Lord is going to do. I am going with a heart seeking to see the glory of the Lord fill the temple so thick all we can do is worship and bow down. May the glory of the Lord fill this temple today!

No comments:

Post a Comment